Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Menu for Fall Mixology Parties

Fall seems to be nowhere in the air here in Southern California but that hasn't stopped dozens of people from landing at our blog after conducting "Halloween drinks" and "candy-corn martini" searches.

We have several private mixology parties lined up in the coming months and I have to say that those types of drinks just won't be on the menu. I'm not too proud to design festive and themed cocktails, but there's something about charging people to dissect marshmallow peeps that feels unethical. People sign up to learn the art of bartending and cocktail construction, not how to make candy corn jello shots (though that recipe will be posted here in October). Ha!

Instead I'll continue trying to move people from the comfort and safety of vodka while still trying to satisfy those less adventurous pallets. Bourbons, scotches, and whiskeys mixed with fruits and sweet liqueurs will dominate the menu and hopefully become a new staple in my clients' home bars.

It is so satisfying to hear people say, "I can't wait to make this for my next party," and "this is so much easier than I thought." I'd rather those comments be attached to an adult drink and not something made with trick-or-treating ingredients. Don't worry- plenty of pumpkin, cloves, cinnamon, and maple will be used to satisfy the kid in all of us.

3 comments:

  1. A friend recently brought over espresso vodka for a girls night housewarming party. Do you have any drink suggestions for me? I hope you are having a wonderful, warm day :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that espresso vodka pairs very nicely with chocolate, orange, and raspberry liqueurs. You can also dust the rim of the glass with a little coco or shaved chocolate for a more decorative look.

      Delete